Promotion of your own blog takes time and patience. Each time you write a new article, you need to devote fraction of your precious time to driving readers. If you are like me, a passionate blogger, you keep publishing new content quite often quickly growing a significant volume of entries to promote. We only have two hands, a day lasts same long for all of us and hiring a social media person won’t cut it. What if you could automatically promote blog on Twitter and let a plugin share your content regularly while you focus on what you are best at – writing?
Out of the need, I’ve created Tweet Wheel to advertise my business website and my blog on Twitter. It’s a simple WordPress plugin that comes free, which automates your entire Twitter marketing. You set it up and forget it. You can click here to download it or read on to learn more.
Tweet Wheel is a very simple, yet powerful tool you will familiarise yourself very quickly. In the core of it lays the queueing system, which in conjunction with scheduling makes a brilliant addition to everyone’s blog. It works completely on it’s own, is automated and doing the wizardry in the background.
So, how to promote blog on Twitter?
First, you have to create a queue and fill it up with any kind of posts – blog entries, regular pages, shop products, testimonials, comments. Then, you set up precisely when those tweets should go out – you can pick certain days of the week along with times or specific dates for special occasions. When that’s done sit back and enjoy, because thanks to the looping a queue will never run out of posts to shout about. The latest tweeted post makes it’s way to the bottom waiting for a full cycle to run.
That’s the basic functionality, but it also comes with many options and usage scenarios. I’ve attached a list of features below, so you can skim through all functions that Tweet Wheel offer.
- Automated queueing system, which is the core of the plugin. It handles all the automation.
- Multi-templating for posts helps you to specify limitless amount of tweet variations for each post.
- Advanced scheduling gives you more control over time of tweetings. Specify days and times at which you want your post published.
- Handling of custom post types – fully compatible with woocommerceshop products!
- Customising the queue let’s you to supervise the order in which posts are tweeted.
- Looping is optional, but very useful. If on, it will automatially append just tweeted post at the end of queue. Keeps going infinitely this way.
- Queue posts on their publishing. When you create a new post you can ask plugin to automatically queue it for you.
- Pausing and resuming queue comes useful when you need a bit more control. No need to deactivate the plugin to put it on hold.
- Convenient bulk actions – queue, dequeue and exclude multiple posts at once.
- Option to tweet instantly without waiting for post’s turn – perfect for hot news!
- Simple view which minifies the queue look so you can fit more items on your screen – helpful for shuffling!
- Health check tab that lets you know if your website is ready for Tweet Wheel and what to fix.
For those looking for extra features, there is a pro version bringing tons of new stuff such as live hashtag analytics, possibility to attach the featured image to tweets and many more!
Upgrade to PRO
- Unlimited queues
- New type of scheduling by specific date
- Built-in live hashtag analytics
- Attach featured images to your tweets with one click.
- Use your favorite domain for shortening URLs (by Bit.ly).
- Tweet on post publish or update.
- E-mail notifications about ocurred events
- History log telling you what was happening within a queue
- User role management – restrict access to the plugin by a role
- Enjoy the mobile-friendly interface.
- Fill up the queue using filtering by date range, amount and post type.
- Plenty minor improvements which overally boost user experience and easy of use.
- Premium support
In general, whether you use the free or pro version it will save you tremendous amount of time and let you craft more unique content for your loyal readers. If you need to read more and check the demo out I encourage you to visit official plugin’s page. Give it a go and let me know how it helped you.