If you remember my third day here, I was moaning I couldn’t order a bowl of delicious ramen. Until today. I finally got to try it and let me tell you: it was mind blowing.
We have a few main categories we can divide ramen into, though.
- Shoyu – Mainly a soy sauce based soup
- Shio – Usually light, using salt to get the . . . saltiness
- Tonkotsu- Creamy smooth pork soup
- Miso – Miso paste is blended into the soup
- Tsukemen – Dipping noodles
- Original – Unique tastes
Ramen doesn’t have it’s own recipe. Every one prepares it differently, hence no two ramens are alike. It’s the soup of imagination and one’s vision.
I went to Akihabara and stopped at this place. I sunk my teeth in Tonkotsu, which was very creamy and intense in taste. I will try and hunt down the others and see how different they all are.
Anyways, apart from that I haven’t done much today, so nothing to share!